This time I created a new video about how to tackle burnout.
Most of us have experienced burnout. It’s the last few weeks before school final exams or a humongous work deadline is approaching… and instead of feeling pumped to take on the challenge like you usually do, you’re suddenly dragging your feet. You don’t feel inspired like you used to. No matter how much you sleep/rest, there’s no relief. All you feel is a sense of dread.
Burnout is so REAL. Life can feel overwhelming and the last thing you want to do is execute self-care on yourself. These are my ten tips on how I push through the fatigue, lethargy, the lack-of motivation so I can rejuvenate my body, mind, and soul. They’re nothing mindblowing; it’s all stuff you’ve probably read online or heard from others. But sometimes, it’s good to have a nice reminder. 😉
On a side note, this video took three tries to film, haha. *hotmess*
TIPS MENTIONED IN VIDEO:
- Hydration: When in doubt, just chug some water down. When I’m going throughout my day, I kid you not, I literally forget to drink water. And what a hindrance dehydration can be! You can’t focus, you’re constantly tired, and you feel even less productive.
- Get some good sleep: When I don’t get enough rest, I start wishing I was six feet under and never have to get up another day in my life.
However when I do rest enough, I feel like I can handle the entire world; my coping mechanism feels strong and I feel I can handle any challenges thrown my way.
- Hang out with good friends who GIVE BACK positive energy to you: If you’re an introvert like me, you probably find it very difficult to make time to hang out with others. But it’s important to surround yourself with people you really LIKE and whose company you really ENJOY. Acquaintances at school or work don’t necessarily count as friends. Hang out with those who elevate you and give back positive energy.
- Hot bath with Epsom salt: Need I say more? This is just the bomb dot com.
- Write it down/Journal: Especially when we’re stressed and burnt out, there are so many thoughts and obligations swimming through our heads that just existing feels overwhelming. Vomit your thoughts onto paper whether it’s doodling aimlessly, writing a long journal entry, listing all your thoughts, drawing graphs, etc. It helps to clear the brain department so you have clarity on what your next goals are.
- Practice your favorite hobby – go back to the things you love!: When we’re burnt out, we’re in survival mode and forget all the small activities that bring us so much joy.
Take a break and practice your favorite hobby. Yes, life involves working hard. On the other hand, also remember that there’s nothing wrong with having fun; in fact, it’s necessary to reward ourselves so we live out happy lives.
- Remember: This Too Shall Pass: When I was a teenager, my emotions were a hot mess. I remember feeling sad and thinking this was how I was going to feel for the rest of my life (sidenote: not true, btw).
Now that I’m an adult, I know that in life there are no plateaus – there are many valleys and peaks. Even during the difficult moments, remember that This Too Shall Pass. You got this. Everything is going to be okay, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
- Choose to respect yourself: This one is a BIG ONE for me because when I’m feeling unhappy, I immediately go into a victim state-of-mind. I do pinpoint out the problem (which is good), but instead of taking charge and trying to fix the problem I end up taking a backseat in my own life. I start waiting for others to approach me, validate me, recognize me, etc. And while I’m in my ‘Woe-Is-Me’ state of mind, I feel resentment and beat myself up mentally.
This is so unhealthy. Choose to respect yourself. Decide to go the difficult route of affirming yourself, validating yourself, and fixing your own problems. Don’t wait for others to save you. Take responsibility for your own life.
- Exercise: Endorphins are good for you! The hardest part is just entering the gym; once you’re there, it’s all good stuff!
- Unplug: Be in the moment: Turn off the phone, computer, TV, etc. Go outside, be with nature, and be in the moment.
Hope this helps you guys out.
To keep my promise to be more in touch with nature, I went out another adventure to the Huntington Library. I can’t believe I’ve lived in Los Angeles my entire life and I’m just visiting here for the first time.
Ugh, it was so beautiful!! And what a treat to just walk through all the different botanical gardens they have. My fiance and I ended up staying for five hours; I think we walked at least six miles just meandering through all of the gardens. My favorite had to be the subtropical gardens. ❤
I brought my camera to capture the many moments I enjoyed. It was my first time using my camera for something other than makeup tutorials, lol…
A little creek with flowers growing nearby.
Near the Japanese botanical gardens. The bamboo was amazing!
The sun was beaming down on us when we visited Huntington Library. The trees stood out so vividly in the sunshine.
The reds and the greens ❤
Sunnies and a hat to keep the sun away.
All different shades of pink and reds!
Leaves shining under the sunshine.
I felt so replenished and happy after my trip. I’ll definitely be going back there in the next couple of weeks. Where do you go to be with nature?
Hey guys! This is the makeup that I’ve been pretty much wearing all day, every day – whether it’s to go to work, grocery shopping, etc. You name it, and this has been my go-to makeup look. And so, subsequently I felt inspired to make a quick tutorial about it.
Em Cosmetic’s “Rose Nude” liquid lipstick has been killing me! Their lipstick just glides on and sits on the lips perfectly. Plus it smells like chocolate (yum).
Hope you enjoy watching!
Benefit POREfessional Face Primer
Bareminerals BarePRO Foundation in “Golden Ivory 08”
Smashbox High Definition Concealer
Laura Mercier Translucent Pressed Powder
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in “Coffee Cake” (discontinued, unfortunately L)
Em Cosmetics Lip Cloud in “Rose Nude”
Becca Higlighter in “Moonstone”
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Kat Von D Shadow and Light Palette in “Light/Medium”
Lorac Unzipped Palette
Maybelline Gel Liner in “Very Black”
Clio Gelpresso Eyeliner in “Dark Choco”
Benefit “They’re Real” Mascara
Estee Lauder The Brow Multitasker
I noticed that I’m usually doing one of two things: I either stay home or go to work. Both are indoors and it’s so easy to feel stifled. Adding on the fact that I live in a big urban city like Los Angeles, and it’s even easier to forget that plants & trees can exist and thrive freely somewhere on this planet.
So I’ve been trying to get back in touch with nature; every weekend I’m encouraging myself to hike, go to the park, etc. Sometimes it’s the last thing that I want to do after a long week… my poor man has to drag me out, haha.
I might feel grumpy in the beginning, but it works like a charm every single time. I feel so nourished, replenished, and whole again as as person.
How do you replenish yourself as a human being? ❤
Hello world! I’ve been trying to branch out from just makeup tutorials into other subjects. So to start off easy, I thought I would tackle twenty facts about myself in a video.
Here are my facts:
- I am a Scorpio.
- I am Korean American, born and raised in Los Angeles.
- I am a huge fan of Beyoncé and Christina Aguilera.
- I want to get a dog, but because I have killed off all my goldfish in the past, I don’t trust myself to be a good pet owner.
- I come from a Ballet dance background. I’ve been dancing Ballet since I was eight years old.
- I love food. Especially nigiri sushi. I could eat uni all day, every day.
- I love my rice. I can have it three times a day, all day, every day.
- I am not a fan of olives and celery.
- After taking public transportation for many years, I am thankful every day for my car. My car has a name: Baby Mazda.
- I can’t start my day productively unless I have my cup of coffee.
- I’m also very grumpy and disagreeable when I don’t have my cup of coffee.
- I think I might get my first tattoo this year. We’ll see.
- I am engaged to my man whom I’ve been dating for the past eight and a half years.
- My favorite feeling in the world is getting into bed after a long day.
- I prefer baths over showers. Any day.
- I’m not much of an outdoor-sy camping, hiking gal. You can find me in any café, plugging away on my computer.
- I am a lover of Nintendo games. Zelda and Fire Emblem all the way!!!
- I am all or nothing. I can either be extremely productive and a crazy workaholic; or I can be the biggest couch potato in the entire world.
- Sometimes I get into my work so hard that I forget to take care of myself: like drinking water, using the restroom when nature calls, eating meals, etc. And then I crash and burn. But I’m trying to get better at it.
- I love me some UFC mma fighting. Respect to all the professional fighters out there with your hardcore training and then going into the cage to shred up the octagon.
What are your quirky facts when it comes to you? Tell me some of yours!!
Hallo! Here are my favorites that I enjoyed in the month of April 2018.
Bareminerals BarePRO Liquid Foundation
Smashbox High Definition Concealer
Aritaum Shine Fix Eyes No. 35 Jazz Lounge
Em Cosmetics Lip Cloud in “Rose Nude”
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in “Coffee Cake”
Dr. Jart Dermaclear Microwater
“What I Know For Sure” by Oprah Winfrey (Audible version)
Trader Joe’s Natural Mountain Spring Water
Bright orange lips are so fun to rock during springtime.
I sat down in front of the camera and just started to play around. Eventually I thought I would go for a more daring cut crease look. To make it more interesting though, I added a wing to the cut crease. Ugh, and the orange NYX lipstick? I’ve been in love with orange, I think it’s one of the best shades for those with a yellow undertone. I went for a muted orange lip by adding in concealer to the lips.
Here’s the video. Enjoy!
ITEMS USED (in order):
Blistex Triple Essentials Lip Balm
Lorac Behind The Scenes Eyeshadow Primer
Naked 1 Palette in the shade “Naked”
Naked 1 Palette in the shade “Buck”
Modern Renaissance palette in the shade “Golden Ochre”
Modern Renaissance palette in the shade “Realgar”
Smashbox High Definition Concealer in “Light”
Modern Renaissance palette in the shade “Tempera”
Modern Renaissance palette in the shade “Primavera”
Modern Renaissance palette in the shade “Cypress Umber”
Clio Gelpresso Gel Liner in “Golden Khaki”
Kat Von D pen eyeliner in “Trooper”
Ardell Natural Demi-Wispies
Benefit They’re Real Mascara
Bareminerals BarePRO Foundation in 08 Golden Ivory
Bareminerals BareSKIN Pressed Powder in Medium
Kat Von D Shade and Light palette Becca Highlighter in “Moonstone”
3CE blush in “French Lilac”
NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in “Orange County”
“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.”
In 2018, let us all grow,
by trying new things.
Might look silly.
Might look stupid.
But what I know for sure,
is that you and I will feel exhilarated by life,
because we gave it a shot
instead of just going to work, coming back home,
and doing the same crap routine over and over again.
It’s time to explore what’s beyond the small bubble you live in,
to invest in yourself,
and see if you can be part of something that’s beyond just YOU.
“Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.”
I think this is one of the longest videos I’ve ever done? And oh my goodness, boy did I underestimate how long it would take to edit! Oy vey, haha.
I’ve always been a fan of face masks; they’re great when giving yourself some self-love TLC, hanging out with friends, or needing a quick rejuvenation in the skin. I thought I would compare seven different masks (worn on seven different days) and give you my two cents on all of them. Heads up, most of them are from Asian brands.
Just a little background on my skin, when I was a teenager I had combination skin. My T-Zone was extremely oily and I had lots of fun squeezing zits and pimples back in the day. My cheeks were normal. Now that I’m a wee bit older, my skin has become much more dry all around. This is where the face masks especially comes in handy.
This is part 1, Days 1-4. I’ll be getting out Part 2 (Days 5-7) sometime this month (fingers crossed).
MASKS USED (IN ORDER BY DAYS):
Day 1: Zoo Park Brightening Lamb Mask Sheet
Day 2: Dermal Gold Collagen Essence Mask
Day 3: Malie Stem Cell Ultra Hydrating Essence Mask
Day 4: Tony Moly Makgeoli Mask Sheet Skin Purifying
Video not sponsored.